During all the years that I have argued:
- that green opposition to golden rice perpetuates childhood blindness,
- that green opposition to bt-maize and bt-cotton perpetuates pesticide poisoning and is bad for insect and birdlife,
- that greens' biofuels are causing starvation and are bad for orang utans,
- that greens’ organic farming causes malnutrition and destruction of rain forest because it is land hungry,
- that greens’ championing of wind power causes fuel poverty and kills eagles,
- that greens’ obsession with ocean acidification is distracting us from real problems in the ocean
Yet the evidence of "extraordinarily irresponsible scientific claims that could lead to mass suffering" is far stronger in these cases than it is in the case of scepticism that the current warming of the planet is unprecedented, dangerous and mostly man-made.