17 November 2010

Anglospheric education

A report from The Onion seems to indicate that educational reform in the USA is running into the same problems as all similar endeavours have encountered on this side of the Atlantic.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Education released a comprehensive, nationwide evaluation of American schools Monday indicating that attempts to teach absolutely anything to these little shits is just a huge waste of everybody's time.

"We remain committed to providing every student in the country with access to a high-quality education," said Education Secretary Arne Duncan, adding that good schools are a key component to the success of American democracy. "But to be honest, none of that matters. We're not talking about promising young scholars here - we're talking about a bunch of fucking animals."

"We've basically flushed $11,000 down the toilet for every single one of these little bastards," Duncan continued. "Not to mention 18 years of my life."
"When I first started teaching, I would see the smiling faces in my classroom and get excited about nurturing their young minds," said Melanie Whitman, 35, a first-grade teacher quoted in the report. "Now I can't look up from my desk without wanting to puke at the sight of all those little psychopaths."
H/T Jay

2 comments:

  1. Hearing about other countries going down the toilet used to cheer me up a bit. Now it seems like it just makes me sadder. I wonder when this change in me took place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Male de otros, consuelo de tontos. I guess you stopped being a tonto!

    ReplyDelete