- Freedom from want, no matter how feckless and indolent;
- Freedom from meaningful education or preparation for adulthood;
- Freedom from proportionate punishment for harmful behaviour;
- Freedom from any less comfortable form of self-knowledge;
- Freedom from early mortality consequent on unhealthy living.
3 March 2010
The Five Freedoms
Jay's comment on my post about the shoe-bomber opened my eyes to what a free society we really are, now that we have voluntarily surrendered those so-called 'liberties' for which our ancestors fought and died. Instead we have: