22 August 2010

Kelly's suicide.

In a previous post I explained that I had "been troubled by the 2003 death of Dr David Kelly, ever since the surgeon who was scheduled to cut me open scoffed at the idea that Kelly could have died form the relatively shallow cut he is alleged to have made in his left wrist, in a cool environment that would have hastened clotting."

"Given that official inquiries have a well-merited reputation for applying white-wash to unsightly blemishes in the conduct of public affairs", I added, "it is reasonable to become suspicious when they do not answer such fundamental questions."

In today's Sunday Times Nicholas Hunt, the pathologist who examined Kelly's body for eight hours makes public facts that the official inquiry into Kelly's death banned from publication for 70 YEARS. It seems Kelly suffered from heart disease so severe that he could have dropped dead at any moment. Consequently blood loss that would have been unlikely to cause the death of a healthy man was more than enough to see him off.

Had my surgeon known that, he would not have spoken as he did - and I would not have repeated his comments when asked about the Kelly case after giving lectures on spooks and spookery.

As I read the ST article, at first I thought I should eat a crow. But on reflection I'll be damned if I will, because in fact - while dispersing the doubts I previously had - it confirms the main point of my earlier post: conspiracy theories arise because official inquiries fail to answer fundamental questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment