Yeah, I know I've used it before; but it deserves another outing in the light of today's news that Cameron has led his party to near-parity in popular esteem with the human rejects clustered around the psycho Cyclops.
Those of us who recall the 60s and 70s have been suffering badly from déja vu for the last decade:
- Basic odiousness of the Tory capons becomes ever more apparent;
- Meddlesome low-mids come to power amid hosannas from the self-annointed;
- Meddlesome low-mids fuck it up royally;
- Tory capons win a narrow majority under a pompous prat;
- Tory capons impersonate cocks amid general derision;
- Meddlesome low-mids come back and fuck up what they did not fuck up previously;
- Stagflation; runs on the pound; call in the IMF;
- Attempts to cut back the bloated public sector fail;
- Capons choose a dominant hen to lead them to victory;
- Wrenching period of adjustment;
- Economy recovers and becomes among the most competitive in the world;
- General prosperity;
- Capons depose the hen and elect one of their own;
- Return to 'basic odiousness' and repeat.